Overview & Goals
This lesson explores the properties of color and how colors interact. At the end of this lesson, students will be able to demonstrate how to create b/w and color value scales and lower intensity mixing.
- Watch the following video.
- Using the techniques covered in the video, use Photoshop to create a simple object (similar to the final rectangles in the video) that demonstrates blending between white and black or you can choose colors.
- Make a new post on the blog and click the Category ‘Photoshop’.
- Title the post “Photoshop Lesson 3”
- Post an image of what you created in Photoshop.
- Write about any difficulties you encountered and how you resolved them.
- Commenting on other student’s Photoshop posts is encouraged, but not required.
Blending colours in photoshop basic tutorial for digital painting with the colour picker
Instructions: For this exercise, use paints on paper.
Exercise Submission & Discussion
- Review instructions ‘Exercise Submission and Discussion’.
- Make a new post on the blog and click the Category ‘Properties of Color ‘.
- In your blog post include images from each section of the exercise.
- View all posts in this category and give feedback to at least one other student.
Project 1 – Complementary Color
Project Submission & Formal Critique
- Review instructions ‘Project Submission’.
- Make a new post on the blog and click the Category ‘Project 1 ‘.
- View all posts in this category.
- Do a formal critique of one of your classmates Project 1 submissions. Put your formal critique in the ‘Comments’ section inside their post. Remember to follow the formal critique guidelines.