This was fun enough exercise. I think that some of it went downhill, but most of it was pretty good. I’m not sure if my shading turned out the best seeing as how I couldn’t find the correct brush for the wet medium watercolor. I don’t think it caused to many problems, but some of the shading is a tiny bit wonky because of it. Oh well.
I loved this exercise as well! I love watercolors, so I was automatically intrigued by this. The only difficulty I had was trying to get the mid tones perfect enough to start the picture, but I’m happy with how it came out!
I chose a portrait of model and artist Kelly Eden. I love her style and thought it would be fun to transform one of her photos into watercolor. The video was easy to follow so I luckily didn’t run into any problems.
This was a great assignment. Tutorial was very clear and the result very nice. I am happy with this watercolor portrait.
I am sorry this is so late, My blackboard was giving me on heck of a ride this week. So this was a thing that I made and due to the fact the colors that I originally choose for this looked horrible whenever I tried to work with them I switched them to a black and white pattern and I have to say I prefer the results.
This is a famous print by Mucha that I decided to mess around with for the exercise. His art already has a lot of lines in it so I was a bit torn between actually doing the pencil lines like the video said. I ended up just adding the pencil lines anyway. I liked the way it turned out and am definitely going to mess around with this technique in the future.
Tania Winston.Grandma Lilly Mae. Watercolor Texture Photo
This photo is of my husband’s grandmother, Lilly Mae. I didn’t really have any problems in this photo shop lesson; the tutorial video did a really great job at step-by-step instructions. I did set the Radius at 5 because of the resolution of the photo, and then the Edge Brightness I set at 14. I did have to do the brush strokes for the water texture part a few times until I got the hang of where I wanted the contrast to hit. It took me a while and a lot of Control/Alt/Z undos.
I had some trouble with pencil lines in the aspect of trying to get ride of some of them. To me it didn’t really seem to work. I also had to try the texture part of the activity over a couple of times before finally getting it correct. I used one of my own photos for this activity and I am pretty pleased with the results.
This assignment was actually really easy I only messed up on one part when I went to do the gradient I had to go back and redo it. I had fun with this assignment and look forward to creating some more.