This was a fun project. I’m not sure if I ended up with the desired effect, but it was cool seeing the difference in doing the same design in light and dark colors. I definitely like the lighter one better. The paints flowed easier for me than in the dark one. I’m finding it a bit easier to control the acrylics now, and don’t hate them as much as I used to! I’m still having big problems with Photoshop. It won’t let me on today and seems like it is trying to get me to rebuy the program! I will try again later.
Well, I played with this one a little too much and the colors didn’t come out very well for me. I was going for bright red for the orange peel (“Blood Oranges,” but in the picture the peel looks orange, just like a regular orange. If I did it again I would do the peels in blue or something really different than their normal color.
Sorry, I am a week behind. This week’s work should be posted by tomorrow. As for the Bezold Effect, I was pretty wowed by the difference a dominant color could make, The colors look very washed out with the lighter background/dominant color and so much more vibrant and exciting on the darker purple background. Something I will always think about now. Good exercise!
I really enjoyed this project, though they both were harder than I thought they’d be. Making all of those dots was kind of tedious and mind-numbing, but I like the way it turned out. The Van Gogh style was easier, but harder to make a good finished project on so small of a piece of paper. Maybe my brushes were too large . . .
I have no PS project. I worked on it for several hours and would get pretty far before I’d hit a snag. I may need a tutor for this part of the class. I’m going out of town for a family emergency tomorrow so will have to work on it when I return next week.
I am absolutely drawn to Abstract Expressionism, and tried to incorporate some of the aspects of the movement into this piece I titled “Stairway to Heaven,” inspired by a recent near death experience! It didn’t turn out as I had hoped, but I used the complementary pairs yellow orange/blue violet and blue green/red orange and gave it my all.
For my portrait exercise I obviously used blue and orange. I tried this one a couple of times. It seemed the more I tried to paint the worse it turned out, so it looks like I stopped painting too soon, but it definitely looks better than the one I spent a lot of time on. The monochromatic color scheme is a little rough, but I just started dark and kept adding white to the blue. For my split complementary exercise I used blue violet, blue green and yellow orange. By the time I got to the Triadic exercise I was getting a little tired and not sure I created too interesting of a design. I call it “Tidal Wave.”
I finally had a successful Photoshop session. I used a tip from someone who said to watch it on a tablet while doing the activity on the computer. That worked. Still haven’t figured out how to save and upload a copy of what I did, so after spending lots of time on it I ended up printing out the projects and taking a picture of them. I will eventually get it . . .