Project 3 – Hunter

I feel like I say this every single time we do a project, but this one was my favorite so far.

It was so difficult and challenging to make that I almost preferred it to simple pieces.

I knew my target audience had to be college students because I am one, so I automatically wanted to try that. The first three things that came to mind were: coffee, ramen, and tea. The coffee and tea I thought could be sold in coffee stores at the campus. And the ramen could be sold in the cache (which is like a tiny grocery store in the dorms at the campus.) I chose the ramen because the joke is that if you’re going to college you’re going to live on instant ramen. This is my little rough draft of everything:

I wanted to make the packaging digitally. I thought that if the colors were super clean and really saturated, it would pull more people’s attention. I also wanted to create images reminiscent of college. Here’s the final product. I like how it turned out, but I don’t LOVE it. Whenever I would print it out, it would cut off the side with the bowl and the instructions on how to make it for some reason. I printed it four times before I just decided to go with it. I also didn’t notice until right now that I forgot to make the bottom of the packaging. I was going to just put recycling information on it.  IMG_3324 IMG_3325 IMG_3326

The print on the sides with the instructions on how to make the ramen and also the nutritional values were a little small and hard to read so I’ll include the initial “floor-plan” for the box.

Untitled

I really enjoyed this project because advertising is something that interests me a lot, packaging being a specific aspect of it that I really gravitate for. It was fun making the images of the college students eating the ramen and the books stacked and the bowl of ramen. It was my first time ever doing something like this, and I enjoyed it a whole lot!

4 thoughts on “Project 3 – Hunter

1. Seriously…are you trying to make everyone feel bad? But honestly your project is awesome, when I first saw it I actually wondered if someone was outright posting photos of an actual project. I love the color scheme, it stands out and is very modern. The style is also very good, its simple and thus doesn’t take away from the product itself. good job!

• Formal Critique:
      Hunter created packaging for instant ramen, using a limited color scheme. Hunter created a design for all faces of the packaging.
      Looking at the packaging is very pleasing to the eye, it flows well together and each side compliments the others. I think that the color scheme helps with making the packaging not seem too busy, and the use of simple lines also keeps it uncluttered.
      I interpret this piece as a cheeky jab at the lives of college students, and it really does relate to most of us and because the packaging itself is so modern it reads well to the consumer.
      I wholeheartedly believe this piece is a success, I would buy this product in a heartbeat based solely on the packaging.

2. You did awesome on this project. I really like the way it came out and especially like the connection to college life. You color choices were very nice and I think you made the right decision printing it out to get bright saturated colors. I also really like the attention to detail and simple design.

3. This is great! Love the color choices. Nice design. I especially like your illustration. Fun! Appealing! Clear info. Text is easy to read. Very interactive packaging design! Well done!