I was quite worried that I had no paintings in my house, by the time I got to doing this project. As luck would have it, I did save two of my pieces from a beginning drawing class, and they are what I photographed.
In retrospect, I feel like I did the poppy painting an injustice by cropping off the torn edges of the paper. However, the image does look refreshed after a slight boost in contrast. As for my octopus, I was faced with the challenge of a curling sheet of paper; there’s quite a lot of paint on it, so the edges rise away from the surface it rests on. A little more effort on my part may have fixed that issue, in the long run.